Wednesday, March 12, 2008

FLU!

Pete had flu over the weekend, despite having the shot, and now I have it despite getting the shot. What a waste of $35! I'm not holding out much hope for Catharina not getting it considering these odds, and Jason didn't bother to get the shot because he didn't think it would be worth it. Right now Jason seems like the smartest one of the bunch. The only fortunate thing here is that his wonderful workplace is taking pity on us and letting Jason work from home today and tomorrow, and I think he may try to wheedle tomorrow out of them too and make it a long weekend.

As I had previously been worried about Cath has decided she wants nothing to do with any of the coloring, projects, and activities I put together for her; no real suprise there. I don't believe this child has 1 artistic bone in her body! She loves to run around, work on puzzles, sort/stack things, play with dolls, be a make believe princess, read and discuss books... but when it comes to art it's just no use there's zero interest there. I asked Jason about how he viewed art at a young age and found that he and Cath are remarkably alike on this subject, so I guess it's a family thing. I give, may'be Pete will be my artistic child.

No comments: