Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pediatrician's are driving me insane

First a little background before I explain our current situation here... Last week we had Pete's 15mo & Cath's 3yr Pediatric appt. with a intolerable pediatrician who shall go unnamed at this time. This pediatrician and I do not have a good track record considering she diagnosed Pete with a ear infection when he actually had all the signs and symptoms of Influenza Type A, and I had to literally stop her from writing me the prescription for his "ear infection" and demand she test him for the flu before dismissing us. Guess what Pete ended up having, you guessed it Influenza Type A.

Back to last week now, I asked the ped. to give us a referral to a Pediatric Hematologist so we can be 100% sure she did not inherit Jason's blood disorder. Even after both Jason and I carefully explained the whole situation to her the ped. could not understand why we would want to get Cath tested! Fortunately she did agree to the referral, but we never got it at that visit because she needed to ask her colleagues if we really needed this referral. Well, we got the referral today but there's a small problem... The stupid ped. never mentioned that Cath would need bloodwork drawn to be sent to the Pediatric Hematologist to review before we could even make the appointment!!! So now we get to visit the ped. office for the bloodwork on Tues., wait a few days then call and try to make the appt with the Pediatric Hematologist again, fun!

I'm beginning to think a new doctor is in order.

No comments: