Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Car troubles...buying a house... shoes?

We haven't heard back from our car insurance guy whether the man Jason grazed with the car will settle or sue, obviously we hope he will settle. Everyone is in agreement that he was in the wrong so if he decided to sue it really wouldn't amount to much more than a major annoyance, and those lovely legal fees. But, that wasn't the end of our car troubles last week, I ended up popping 2 tires while trying to avoid a pothole! Of course, even if I knew how to change a tire it wouldn't have helped me here since I only had 1 spare, albeit a full size spare not a donut. We had to be towed to the nearest car dealership, and bought 2 new tires and got the alignment checked out. The other 2 tires we'll replace next month, the downside of having a AWD car is when 1 tire goes they all must go, joy.

Our lease will finally be up at this horrid apartment in June, so we have decided to buy a house, finally!! I have been bugging Jason badly about this for a while and he's finally caved, we should be applying for a VA Loan in the next few days. Until then I'm having quite a bit of fun house hunting online while kid's nap, I already have a list of potential dream homes I bug Jason about quite frequently. I'm actually in shock that we can buy a single family home in Woodbridge/Manassas area for around $200-250,000, I never thought I'd see that!

Cath's shoe saga is finally over, she got new shoes over the weekend! As most of you probably remember she has held on to her favorite shoes for months now and refused any other shoes, shopping trips for shoes... Finally when my mom was here we took her shopping and I explained she must get new shoes because someone else needed her old shoes, she got extremely upset with me but reluctantly picked out a new pair when Jason bribed her with ice cream. Now she has a shiny new set of brown Mary Jane's with butterflies on them, and I'm seriously dreading having to relive this again 6mos or so from now.

No comments: